Since opening at the beginning of the school year, Timberline Middle School (TMS) has seen many firsts. First science lab, first assembly and even first varsity sports match in the gym.
Interscholastic Athletics — Middle School
- Each student who participates in inter-school athletics must have an associated student body card.
- Good academic standing is a prerequisite to participation in athletics. If a student is failing in two or more subjects he/she shall not be allowed to participate in interschool athletics unless he/she his/her cleared by the principal.
- A middle school player shall be under 17 years of age for track and baseball and under 16 years of age for football and basketball at the beginning of the sport season in which he/she participates.
- No student shall be eligible to represent his/her school in interschool athletic competition in a recognized middle school sport unless he/she is at least partially covered by athletic accident insurance.
- No student shall be eligible to represent his/her school in middle school athletics unless the student has passed an adequate physical examination, and that in the opinion of the examining physician he/she is fully able to participate in middle school athletics.
- In the spring sports, a student shall participate in only one (1) sport. Example: Track; tennis; baseball, after one sport has been completed he/she cannot enter another sport.